Handmade pottery has always been one of my favourite staging accents and, while always classic, it was just listed in House and Home's 2013 list of Editor's Must-Haves. Whether the look you want to achieve is playful, modern, sophisticated or even industrial, carefully chosen handmade pottery can add an organic touch or a touch of colour to finish the look.
In my staging arsenal, I keep a mixture of colours and glazes. I am often drawn to larger statement pieces with interesting layered glazes. I am also a sucker for interesting textures, although a smooth finish can be perfect in the right room. Apartment Therapy often features work by independent artisans and this list of 10 Handmade Clay Creations is a fabulous example. I have also compiled a list of my own favourites from online or Etsy shops:
1. Burlap Textured Tapas Plate from Leif.
2. Conversation Piece in White No.4 - Sculpture in White from Kimwestad.
3. Serving Bowl from One Clay Bead. (Note- I love this artist and the pieces featured below are custom works which I commissioned from her Etsy shop.)
4. Set of 3 Modern White Small Bottle Vases from Sara Paloma Pottery. (These are on my wish list.)
5. Large Decorative Lace Bowl from Ning's Wonder World.
6. Sepia Ceramic Lace Damask Bowl from DGordon. (I love her use of lace to create texture. She also has some lovely pieces stencilled with dragonflies which made me think of Kate Spade's June Lane Collection of formal china.)
|Pottery adds a pop of colour in my |